Well, it looks like the time has come for me to step into the carousel.
While I am entering my 30th year on planet earth, WWDN isn't even officially 1 year old, although technically I had the old, lame website up at this time last year...craziness.
My "My Yahoo!" page says, "Happy Birthday, TVsWilWheaton!" and when I click it, it takes me to this page. Check out who's number 3 on the celebrity birthday list! This made me giddy with excitement last year, and it did it again this year. :-)
Since it's my birthday, I think I'll start out the celebration by posting 7 things I'm grateful for on my birthday:
- In 30 years, I have never had a serious threat to my health, safety or general well-being.
- Just for grins one day, I put together a BBS for this site. It's become one of the most wonderful communities that I've ever seen on the Internet...and the people who hang out there rarely talk about me...it's all about them, and the virtual family that they have become.
- Batman. This has nothing to do with my birthday, really...I just really like Batman. Especially Dark Knight Returns Batman.
- Volkswagen. Without VW, I may never have been concieved.
- I'm not afraid to cry in front of anyone.
- Even though I kept her up most of last night with my "goddamned snoring," my wife has made a valiant effort to stay up with me until midnight, to tell me "Happy Birthday." She's currently asleep on the floor cuddling the dog.
Finally, I am amazed and grateful that people even give a shit about how I'm doing, and what I'm doing, and take the time to make things like this:
Thank you to everyone who sent me this image, and the cool site that posted it, and thank you to the scores of WWDN readers who have sent birthday wishes, especially those of you who have been visiting this lame website since it began.
An extra-special thank you is due to the Monkeys in the Soapbox. You guys RAWK, and you know why.