something to do
My iBook woes continue. Several people directed me to this solution, which sort of worked. She starts up if she's plugged in, but when I unplug her, she locks up. I tried removing her battery and resetting the PMU again, and she's currently fdisking. I was hoping I could help her out myself, but I think she's going to need professional help.
Oh well. It still feels bizarre to write at my office desk, but somehow I'll manage. Kwrite does all sorts of nifty highlighting and stuff. It's fun to watch links change color while I'm writing them.
Ah, I am so easily amused!
Yesterday, I took the morning off, and surprised Anne with a trip to Disneyland to see the Haunted Mansion Holiday. My pal Eric works there, and he totally signed us in. Thanks, Eric! You rule! :)
The crowds didn't show up until we were leaving around 3p.m., so we were able to hit all the fun rides that we love, and even made a trip to DCA for some Soarin' Over California. It was cool to see the Tower of Terror facade that's pretty much finished. The kids at Disney have done a fantastic job again with the Haunted Mansion Holiday, and I strongly urge everyone who can make it over there to check it out.
I'm working my ass off on a few nifty projects, Nolan is sick, and the holidays are looming, so I don't know how much time and energy I'll have to update my site over the next few days. I'll dump some interesting links here to keep WWdN readers busy until I can dig some entertaining junk out of my brain.
- Biz Stone wrote a great article for Blogger's knowledge base called How to Get a Book Deal With Your Blog. I enjoy reading Biz's articles, because they're funny and informative, like School House Rock without the singing.
- Is it just me, or does Strom Thurmond's daughter look like a dude in bad drag?
- I've been listening to The Cure's Disintegration and Depeche Mode's Black Celebration and Violator like crazy the past few days. I don't know what it is about Plainsong, but every time I hear it, it's like there's a chain connected to my heart and the back of my head, and the song grips it, and gently pulls me up toward the sky.
- My buddy Rob is an amazing magician. If you're looking for a magician for a party or something, you should call him.
- Powell's does a newsletter, and Dancing Barefoot gets a fantastic review on page six! (Thanks to Amber, who sent me the link.)
I think that's all for now. I see that my iBook has woken up, and wants a software update. One of the updates has to do with the battery, so maybe that will magically make everything work again.