ghosts appear and fade away
From the guess-what-I-totally-forgot-about department:
- I'll be on the Computer America radio show tonight. Tune in at 10PM EDT. It's a call-in show, and it's always cool to talk with WWdN readers.
From the I've-got-a-new-favorite-rss-reader department:
- Bloglines. It's web-based, so I can freely move from computer to computer, the notifier for Firefox is awesome, and you can share subscriptions with like-minded people.It's also free, and free is my favorite price for anything.
From the shuffle-up-and-deal department:
- Dr. Pauly, from Tao of Poker, is live-blogging the entire World Series of Poker. The live updates are great, but my favorite bits have been his observations on living in Las Vegas:
"I also have a white trash family of 18 living in a one bedroom apartment next door to me. Every morning at 10am is "Red Neck Family Hour" in my complex, which is complete with drunken arguments, a slap fight, and several malnourished kids running rampant in front of my window. Yeah, my apartment is in a flavorful place. I have this freaky feeling that someone's homemade meth lab in the adjacent building unit is going to blow up and all my WSOP notes will be destroyed."
- The Poker Prof has the best WSOP photo gallery on the web.
- Phil Gordon is one of the nicest people I've ever met. When I played in the WPT Championship, Phil gave me great advice between levels, and helped me analyze many of the hands I played. HisWSOP Podcast is fantastic. It's very accessable, too. If you don't play yourself, but enjoy watching poker on television, I think you'll find it informative and entertaining.
From the it's-about-time department:
- The Cubs will play the Red Sox this weekend . . . for the first time since 1918. ESPN's Tim Kurkjian gives us all the history between the two teams. I can't wait to watch these games.
From the she's-grows-up-and-grows-up-and-grows-up department: