« [wil@home]$ mv wil /oregon/portland/oscon |
| OSCon Day 1.1 »
July 10, 2003
OSCon part 1
Highlights of OSCon (since I've been here less than 24 hours):
Posted by wil at July 10, 2003 12:38 PM
- A couple of kids just tossed these little Tux giveaways into a trashcan about 40 feet from me. "Bye bye, Penguins!" they said, before they ran, giggling, into the elevator after their parents.
- Randall picked me up from the airport, and we stopped off for a local IPA before coming to the con yesterday.
- I became a card-carrying member of the Free Software Foundation
- My flight here was the smoothest, most enjoyable flight I've taken in years. I watched three episodes of Family Guy on my iBook.
- It's 90 degrees in Portland
- The accumulated knowledge in this building, if properly harnessed, could conquer all of Known Space.
- Randal's party last night, at a local club called "Bar 71," was insanely fun, and I didn't drink enough to have a hangover today.
- At Randal's party, I got to pet an Alpaca
- None of the much-smater-than-me geeks who are here have shoved in my face exactly how much smarter than me they all are. I'm sure I've showed my complete lack of geek-cred several times, but so far nobody's outed me.
- I'm about to eat a sandwich that is sponsored by Microsoft . . . but I'm going to heavily modify the source before I eat it. so there.
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference OSCon part 1:
» Wil Wheaton, a geek like me from DrBacchus' Journal
One of the highlights of yesterday was a trip over to Powell's technical bookstore, which is the most amazing bookstore [Read More]
Tracked on July 11, 2003 07:16 AM
» Alpacas are following me! from Backup Brain
It feels like every time I turn around, I'm seeing or reading about alpacas. First, my favorite author writes a [Read More]
Tracked on July 11, 2003 06:48 PM